Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tax rate research

Another poster here on the blog made the statement that PISD has had a low tax rate for years, so I decided to check some of my property tax statements and make some phone calls.

Mt. Vernon ISD appears to be 99 cents ( I don't have a rate on my statement, but a total amount owed, so I did some math)
Winnsboro ISD = $1.04
PISD = $1.11

These rates were for 2007. I still have calls out to MPISD, DISD, and Gilmer ISD. I will let readers draw their own conclusions.

I have been seeing all the signs supporting the election, wonder if a campaign finance report has been completed?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mt. Vernon ISD- $1.24
Daingerfield ISD- $1.49
Mount Pleasant ISD- $1.58
Chapel Hill ISD- $1.50
Winfield ISD- $1.50
Alba ISD - $1.458
Quitman ISD - $1.45
Winnsboro ISD - $1.37
Pittsburg ISD - $1.11
Projected PISD - $1.43

:)