Thursday, April 24, 2008

10 Days to move out

For those who think this sub-prime mess is not going to play a part in our great state.................................


Tammy Dayton, 46, of Lewisville, Texas, who works in outside sales, had rented a 2,700-square-foot home for about two years. One day, a sheriff's deputy came to the door, telling her she'd need to leave because the mortgage wasn't being paid. Once the deputy realized she was a renter and not the owner, she was given 10 days to move out.


"I was totally in a bind," Dayton says. "I didn't know what was going on, and I needed to find another arrangement."


In December, she packed her belongings. Along with her Dalmatian, Target, and black Lab, Samson, she moved into a new home to rent. But Dayton says she hasn't received her rental deposit back.
"I was confused and dumbfounded," she says. "I'd paid my rent month to month. I learned to always be prepared for the unexpected. And this time, I checked out the new place first to be sure it wasn't in default."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"And this time, I checked out the new place first to be sure it wasn't in default."

-Yea, i mean if people would just be smart! I dont see how any of this has to do with a bond election, but you guess sure do come up with creative ways. You can make an issue like, the reason the lake maybe going to dry up one day be the fault of the bond election or the administration. Loved the negative letters in the paper too, shows that the no side is gasping for air, but ahh this week it looks like people were finally telling you guess we are tired of all your scare tatics and nay saying!