Wednesday, September 8, 2010

You want out of this financial mess

Do something about the employment stupid!

A business owner stated that he will likely be semi-retired by choice from this point on because:

"1) Cost of employees is way up. Workman's Comp, unemployment insurance, etc. Health care insurance costs $4 an hour if workers are young and over $5 per hour if worker is over 50

2) Business regultion. Every purchase over $600 needs a 1099 form, meaning I have to get the adddress and the tax ID of the power company, the insurance company, Office Depot, local hardware store, etc. Last year I was required to produce 4 1099's and this year it will be well over 100.

3) Health Care. I will now have to track where my employees go in the event of HazMat exposure. If I want to redo my offices I have to have certified painters who know how to handle lead.

4) Security. I must have lots more records on my employees keyed to their Social Security numbers, but if somehow I lose my laptop I am a crook.

My reward is: My marginal tax rate jumps in 2011, about 30% more than before. The FICA income limit keeps rising; that is 15% of net for the self-employed on the marginal increase. My risk has gone way up, but the government now takes over half of any marginal increase. It is more benefical for me to fish than to hassel with earning more money and dealing with employees."

1 comment:

outsider said...

You need "Less Government and More Freedom" Vote Libertarian. www.lptexas.org